WebProgrammingTalk Web Programming Java/Javascript
how to learn java Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to learn java
10-23-2010, 01:12 PM,
how to learn java
The best source to learn java is complete reference of java book. it has many concepts which helps alot to learn easily. i have learned many concepts of java from that book.
fashion blog
10-24-2010, 12:14 PM,
Re: how to learn java
Actually i found courses that teach java better.
Although they use books that guide you through. Teachers or tutors can explain why these things work with more detail.
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM,
I'm sure the book is great, but I think a lot of people learn better in a structured environment, like a course.  I know I do. I find the teacher/student interaction is extremely important when you don't quite understand something.  Are there any online courses for java that don't cost a whole lot? 
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM,
Yes i agree with you all, thanks for your suggestion but i have learned java from that book and came to know that we can learn easily without a teacher..i dont know about online courses, but you can apply for SCJP certificate and if you pass that there is lot respect in IT industry..
fashion blog
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM,
Bubbles, search for forums, you can post a problem and within miniutes they can reply with fixing the problem, and explaining:
1. Why it didnt work
2. What to do to not have the same problem again.
3. How to avoid the problem.

And guess what? It's completely free!
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM,
ya even you can  post your code  and ask for some help, i used to so the same. i have posted my snippets of code in few forums to get the right answer
fashion blog
10-24-2010, 07:13 PM,
I'm soon starting a course for C++, as having good experience from java. But i'll probally stop tutoring after like 5 lessons, as then i just get help from online communitys.
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM,
keep enjoying online communities rock they help in solving many problems easily
fashion blog
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM,
Oracle tutoirals also holds a tutorial for java, which helps you learn the basics.
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM,
oh i have not heard..then it would be my=uch helpful
fashion blog